SANITIZE OUTSIDE WHY NOT INSIDE ?
Not Studied yet.
Sanitizes outside why not inside? We know Alcohol & Hydrogen peroxide & Betadine ( not the one used externally) kills the viruses on the surface. Can we use it to reduce viral load in nasopharyngeal mucous. I think we need to use early on before Covid enters the cell & when it resurfaces in the exudates of damaged respiratory cells, or the bugs / viruses found in saliva. So no more bugs when you sneeze,talk,cough or spit.
Prevention ? ( It may be helpful. It is not proven).
No studies done. Just common sense approach.
Its not a cure. It may reduce viral load in the nasopharynx. Provided it is safe! I need help from pharmacy experts and infectious disease experts and others. I am certain that it will reduce viral load in the nasopharynx as it is on the surface.
🟣Read the following :
🟣Incubation period : Least is 1-5 days, Nasopharynx has lots of viral particles.
🟣The Rhinoviruses exclusively multiply in the upper respiratory tract because they multiply best at low temperature / pH / high oxygen.
⛔️Even at the earliest stage of pathogenesis (implantation), certain variables may influence the final outcome of the infection.
⛔️ The Dose : it may reduce the dose the dose of the virus , that is the viral load in the mucous. As the viruses are dead.
⛔️ The Infectivity? May be reduced in the viruses in the mucous. Not inside the cell. The viruses are either dead or less infective.
⛔️Virulence of virus ? The viruses in the mucous & not inside the cell. The viruses are either dead or less virulence.
Will these reduce viral load in nasopharynx and is it safe?.
Reasoning: The products which Sanitizes outside why not inside? Will it reduce spread of germs? Is it safe? Can we do it? Ask your health care PROFESIONAL ! See below…. 🚦👇
- Follow CDC advice
- Continue with primary preventive measures.
- Consider following may / may not help.
- This one may be tertiary prevention.
- It is much better to start one of these right after the exposure. That is day 1 to day 5. That could reduce the viral load in the throat and nasal passages. After that if you use it, then it is to prevent spreading of the germs.
🛑Stop using it, if unable to tolerate or allergic to any ingredients.
⭕️Low dose Zinc may help reduce replication of virus.
⭕️This is on compassionate basis. No claims were made. Be careful.
GOOD LUCK WORLD
Fact: Alcohol, Betadine, Hydrogen peroxide : Kills the virus on different surfaces.
If they kill the virus externally why not internally in the Nasopharynx.
Needs safety evaluation, even though there are lots of anecdotal reports available and over the counter products.
Betadine has been used post-operatively but never used for a week or two. It may not be good for prolonged use. Gargle with sterile water after 30-40 seconds.
Hydrogen Peroxide should diluted to less than 0.5%. Rinse mouth and throat with sterile water after 30-40 seconds.
Use it at your own discretion until some studies are done.
👨🏼✈️👨⚕️👩🍳👮🏿♂️🧑🏿⚕️👮🏻 If you are an high risk group taking care of Covid 19 patient or exposed to it : do use primary prevention & do use one of the tertiary preventive technique. It may be helpful.
BUT DO NOT FORGET THE BASICS:
1. One of my colleague wrote this: After briefly looking into this before I had to leave, these options could possible lower the viral load and slow further spread. As far as I could find, we are unsure the time the virus takes to replicate inside the cell, so determining a frequency for these therapies would be difficult, especially the threat if this takes place rapidly and causes exponential growth. I believe I saw that the viral load peaks around 14 days but not 100% on that. We will have to look further into this before determining if this is an effective option to prevent the spread. I will forward this to our clinical coordinator to research more in depth. Thank you for the information.
2. Infectious disease doctors: Don’t want to hear anything but working hard to treat and busy trying to find a cure.
3. Others have mixed feeling.
4. Some says they don’t have any experience.
5. Some says it works outside but not in humans.
6. I don’t want to send any comments.
7. Some are interested in listening to news but won’t look in to anything which can reduce the spread of the disease.
8. Some did not even want to talk about anything new.
9. Some thinks we are suggesting it’s a cure without reading as to what is it I am suggesting. It could be a tertiary prevention.
10. Needs your comments good, bad or ugly. Will not use your name. Need help people are dying !
WILL THIS WORK ?
ARE THEY SAFE ?